Monday, April 15, 2013

Chick-Fil-A and a New Start


It's been far too long.

As you can see, I'm sprucing up the blog.. not quite done, but it's in the works. I've got a lot of projects to work on but I figured that the last hour of the evening before bed was ok to work on something more personal. I'm going to get back into the blogging world and hopefully make it an occasional thing again!

So, items on the desk to talk about for today (we'll get to catching you up on our life later, tonight's blog post is about today):

Today was my first day of not having a day job. Needless to say, I took a sleeping pill last night because I haven't been sleeping well, still woke up early which made me a little mad, but was able to fall back to sleep easily until 11 am. Bliss. Woke up to a text from a client needing photos early for a deadline they weren't aware of for the yearbook, and needed it by their lunch break (and their session isn't all the way done yet) so I scrambled out of bed, edited quickly, and started to send them via email (which my business email that I pay for monthly decided to put my account on lockdown, so that was fun... I resorted to my regular hotmail. Take that gmail).

Carson and I had pizza for lunch. I cleaned (wow, yes, I did some cleaning today, the house still looks like a mess, but it's a start). A load of laundry. Paid some bills. Dropped of film to the post office. Taught Watson how to stay when holding a treat to his nose (the poor dear, that was really hard for him).

Then it was time to bring Carson dinner while he was working his day job. He wanted Chick-fil-a. I was ok with that because we are getting a tax return this year (we were so worried we would owe) so I was alright with going out for food (we've been trying to be good lately and eat groceries haha). I have been once before to the one in town, when it first opened, so naturally it was super busy and people in yellow vests were in the drive through and that was to be expected. But today, there was hardly a line, so I was excited to not be bombarded with the yellow vested workers at my car door.


I pull up, drive around the corner, about to pull up to the sign to look at the menu, when I see the yellow vested girls approaching my car. Two were up above at the other cars, and one girl was coming for me. Why... this is so unnecessary. There is hardly a line, I can use the dang speaker box! I have no makeup on, my car is a mess, I'm in sweats... there is a FREAKING REASON I'M USING THE DRIVE THROUGH! I don't want you to see me other than at the window.

So I roll down my window and she says of course in a super nice tone, I'm not complaining about the service in any way.. they are all very nice. I just like my space.

"Do you know what you want to order?" *pause*
"Uh, no, uh.."
"Or do you need a menu?"
"Yeah, I'm going to need a menu."

Is this a test? Am I being timed? I glance behind me, a car just pulled up, I start to sweat, she continues to stand by my window watching me look at the laminated menu she just handed me. What if this was my first time to Chick-fil-a? What if I need more that .2 seconds to decide if I want the spicy chicken sandwich, or the regular? Provolone cheese, or american? This is a big decision for me!

You know what I like about Smash Burger? Every time, without fail, they ask you if this is your first time to Smash Burger. If it is, they tell you stuff, stuff you need to know. I can't remember what they told me the first time, but I'm sure it was important. This girl at Chick-fil-a was just super confident I had the menu memorized and knew what I wanted to eat. "Hi, I assume you're just like KFC, and I want a mac and cheese and mashed potato... oh, that's not on the menu? Can you freaking let me look at one then?!"

Anyways, back to the story.

She continues to peer inside my car. Like bending down in my rolled down window. All I could think about was how messy my car was, how she was probably checking that out...I need space. I need time alone. If I wanted human interaction, I would go inside and order. This was stressing me out. I ended up ordering something I probably wouldn't have originally ordered and I didn't even get dessert, which I wanted to get but forgot because she was breathing down my neck. Awkward. She wrote my ticket, told me to go to the next yellow vested girl, and took the menu back. I drove to the next girl, she then circled something on my ticket and told me my total.. I mean, how many yellow vested girls does it take to get a fast food order correct and ready?

I am so happy they are doing well here and staying busy, and I love the food, and the service is good and quick, and they are all happy and it's not like it was BAD... it's just.. Chick-Fil-A, you need to calm it down at the drive through and let your customers feel like they have time to make a decision.

End of rant.

Tomorrow is a new day, a new start. I'm going to get a lot done. Finish some seniors, missionary pics, design an announcement, finish a website, shoot some bridals (hopefully it doesn't rain on us), wedding photos, work on a couple flyers.. design a business card.. Not necessarily all in that order but those are just some on my list to do. Not to mention my own projects of blogging/vlogging, cleaning, laundry, refinishing a dresser, grocery shopping, catching up the photography blog, etc etc. We'll see how much I get to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost 3 months later!

Wow, have I failed! I wanted to do weekly updates and that just didn't happen. I took on too much work and it really got the best of me....